Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner With Chef David Lang

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner is a series on Netflix based on Chef David Lang's time with, I just feel like interview is so cliche' and common, Chrissy Tiegen (love her), Seth Rogen, Kate McKinnon and my reason this is Oh So Worth A View, Lena Waithe.
No, no and no! I did not decide this was worth a view because she is a woman. No I didn't decide this was worth a view because she is black. No I didn't decide to write this because she is gay.  So no, I didn't write this because she is a black woman who is gay.  We are human first, then species of woman or man and then "we are".  So I wrote this because I truly enjoyed the honesty, the open mind and willingness to share and the eye opening experiences of great places to eat in LA. 
I have this thing I say all the time, LA is so big that unless something takes you to that area of LA, you may never go there and yet you've been here for years. We all know all places are not for all people but there are so many great places we miss out on because they just never align with our interest, our hobbies, our families and our goals and it's LA so I have to say "Our Life Styles". 
With that being said, I found some places my crew and I will have to try, Hot N Juicy Crawfish, Chikara Mochi, like soooo not an option to pass on these places.  But there is no meal without great conversation and that is what you will find so fulfilling and appetizing about Chef David and Lena's time together.
It's a conversation on being who we are, how we are not allowed to fail and expectations of "our own" that truly measure us vs. our achievements.  She's gay, so now as she put it, "she is the poster child", without so much as a say so or a speech or an act, for women who are black and gay.  Red Lobster is referenced and it's the funniest shit cause she throws back to Beyonce's song Formation and I had to laugh because my life experiences with Red Lobster mirror her to a T.  A special occasion like your birthday, Red Lobster, celebrating, company in town, Red Lobster.  It was such a big deal that to take someone there and not take the members of your household brought on rage and hurt and shock. If you don't believe me check out the Boondocks and the cheddar biscuit betrayal by grandpa. These and so many other things I get, I relate to and until Chef David decided to have this conversation with her, I never considered our paths to have these every day but totally ingrained experiences in common.
Chef David is a great host and facilitator of a rich palette of food and delicacies woven in to a heartfelt, comedic and enlightened conversation.  No menu is intimidating, no portion to small or large and the time they share is just enough to be Oh So Worth A View!


No comments

Powered by Blogger.