Iris Apfel - Style Icon

Saturday, February 1, 2020
 "I'm not pretty, and I'll never be pretty, but it doesn't matter. I have something much better. I have style," she said during the 2015 documentary that bears her name. 
I read this quote, in an article on CNN.com, by Ariel Henry entitled Iris Apfel is an Icon For All, But Even More To Me, where Henry discussed what defines beauty and her battles with her view of herself and how inspired she is by Iris Apfel.
In this article there is a video of an interview with Apfel that I found to be beautifully brutal and honest in a most hilarious and aware way.  She's so blunt and yet light about social media and the detriment it has played in society.  She doesn't bite her tongue in regards to what she feels is the elevation of the lack of standards in society and fashion.  
It's honestly a great video by a real icon, not a made for marketing icon that we see a lot of today.  It's only a little over 2 minutes long, click on pic to view, you'll find her refreshing and funny and Oh So Worth A View.  

~Leslie


No comments

Powered by Blogger.