Emily Clarke's Battle For Her Life!

Saturday, February 15, 2020

My grandmother had headaches, sinus headaches is what we all thought it was.  I had them all thru high school.  Some days they were so bad I couldn't walk home from school after volleyball practice or especially track practice.
I'd have to call my mom to come get me, I just couldn't take the pain, let alone walk home.  My mom would show up and I'd be balled up on the steps outside the girl's gym with the hood of my sweatshirt over my head, resting on my school book bag.
To this day, if they were more than a sinus headache I wouldn't have known, just as my grandmother didn't know, just as Emilia Clarke didn't know.  My grandmother never knew, never had any idea she was having more than a headache but actual signs of what was to come, an aneurysm.
Emilia Clarke, who to me is simply beautiful in the most delicate way, shares her battle for her life against not one but two aneurysm, a bulge or ballooning blood vessel on the brain that leaks or ruptures and causes bleeding in the brain, in her story in the New Yorker.  I can not relate to her fear, her pain and the struggles of recovery, my grandmother didn't survive her aneurysm, but her silence and bravery speak to me.  Oh So Worth A Read, Emilia Clarke's A Battle For My Life, The New Yorker.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.