Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Barack Obama's First Interview Since Leaving Office 
&
 The Return of David Letterman

Please click pic to view NPR article.

Since my schedule is neither here nor there, meaning I'm off work and trying to find my health and mind, I took a not by my choice evening nap.  Waking to a phone filled with text messages from our family group text, about Baby Liam of course, to guessing what time it was by the brightness of the lighting coming from the interior courtyard, I grabbed my all-in-one remote.  More like best friend at the oddest moments.  Needless to say, I was instantly reminded I sent a text to my daughter condemning her for my not being able to use her Hulu account, so no Younger episodes for me tonight.  Netflix it is I thought and proceeded to click on my user profile.
David Letterman, watched a lot of him back in the day, before the tonight show back in the day.  Not sure why he fell off my radar, but here he is, the opening act of my Netflix browse.  Not following the whereabouts of #44, I was pleasantly surprised to see him in my Netflix browser too.   You guessed it, Obama and David Letterman are on Netflix together and now I know exactly what I'm going to watch on Netflix tonight.

I don't want to give anything away, but I want to make sure you get why this is Oh So Worth A View.  With one line, his final words to Obama, David Letterman brought a tear to my eye and made me ever so proud to have Barack Obama, not only be the first black president of the United States Of America, but be MY PRESIDENT.


“When I was a kid, and it’s still taught today, irrespective of the man or woman who holds the office, you have to respect the office of president. Without a question of a doubt you are the first president I truly and fully respect.” ~ David Letterman


That statement brings so much to the table, cause there will always be ups and downs and dislikes and fights and loss and wins and even controversy, but there should never be shame and embarrassment brought to that seat, that title, that oval office by a lack of personal integrity and fluctuating moral compass.  No, I'm not going to name those with agendas of racial, gender and monetary separation, unjustified wars, blow jobs, birthday songs sung, etc..I don't have to, cause like him or dislike him, you never had to wonder where his morals lay for family, the sanctity of marriage, being a parent or for being human, you knew. 


To be humble enough to say that you have been "very lucky" or to ask why you were on a cruise getting shit faced when our country was beating down it's citizens for walking across Edmond     Puttus Bridge for the right to vote, to ask why you were so unaware until that happened, is huge for someone with a career as long as David Letterman has had. He has nothing to prove, nothing to atone for, nothing he owes to that day, that era, per say.  So it's huge for him to have personal journeys that expose and reveal not only to himself, but to this day and age, where we are, how we got here and WHO got us here.  I hope he continues with this very human side of his return to television.  The stripped down, simple, human side of his interview looks good on him, he wears it well. 



Funny, poignantly human and a very touching surprise guest per say, is what you have to look forward to on his re-entry into television and Barack Obama's first interview post presidency.  Oh So Worth A View, David Letterman's My Next Guest Needs No Introduction.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.