Nas, Live from the Kennedy Center with the National Symphony Orchestra

Monday, October 4, 2021
A beautiful performance! A beautiful part of history! 
There are some who are familiar with Nas and their some who know him from Illmatic and on. This blog comes from a place of transparency which also means honesty and I can say until I watched this performance I didn't know the place in history musically and in hip hop, Illmatic held in either regard. 
But not knowing but being open-minded allows you to appreciate, to evaluate and bring in to your personal fold a strength, a camaraderie, a presence and profound appreciation for what you have been given. 
This is Illmatic, this is Nas live from the Kennedy Center with the National Symphony Orchestra. 

Music crosses every line there is, financial, status, religion, culture, race, location on God's green and multicolored Earth and the lines go on.....it's the only thing that can bring a room of strangers together and bring them all on one Accord even if it's just for that moment. 
This is Illmatic, this is Nas Live from the Kennedy Center with the National Symphony Orchestra. 

I was brought up in a household of music and I mean all kinds of music. I've sang in church choirs, I've sang tipsie, still don't do karaoke lol lol lol, and I have sang from my soul from the joys and tears from the times in my life. So giving this, "Classical Hip Hop" concert, a try will come as no surprise to those who know me, but they know it must be special if I'm posting about it. Performing with a rhythmic diligence and creating a space in time of celebration like no other, for the 20 year anniversary of Illmatic. 
Oh So Worth a View, Nas Live from the Kennedy Center with the National Symphony Orchestra.

Watch Now!

Listen Now!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.