Yuna - Crush ft. Usher

Thursday, July 26, 2018


I love the story behind this duet, it's truly, honestly and simply a humble story of trying, pursuing and not holding back from just wanting to do what you love.
In her interview with HypeBeast.com, Yuna explains in one paragraph how her idea was embraced by Usher so completely, that Crush came to be so much more than she imagined.

“I met up with [Usher] about a year ago and we did not talk about any collaborations. When I was recording my new album, I had this one song and I had an idea…We sent it over to him and we didn’t hear anything back for like two months…and then I got an e-mail from him and it was a recorded song of him on the song already, all mixed, all done.”

We all know that singers of Usher's caliber have songs and lyrics and music thrown there way all the time.  It comes from unknowns, lesser known, no body knows and trying to be heards, so for him to take a song and not only listen to it but complete production on it and push it thru to the making of a video, says so much about how great this song is, how humble he is and just how passionate she is about her music.

One of my favs, even one of my favorite videos and Oh So Worth A Listen, Yuna featuring Usher, Crush.



I

No comments

Powered by Blogger.