When My Train Pulls In ~ Gary Clark Jr.

Sunday, July 8, 2018

I LOVE MY BROTHER...with that being said, there is no loss that has hurt me more.  There is no loss that still hurts, that still haunts my thoughts, that gives me moments so deep I can't catch my breathe.
But also with that being said, I love music and no words can describe the impact music has had on my life and the strength in which it ties me to my brother.


When I hear particular songs, no matter what genre, I know with out a doubt, my brother would have loved this song.  I know he would have plugged in his red Beats by Dre headphones, laid back on his bed and listen to it over and over, studying it, taking it in.  He'd then pull out his guitar and play it note for note, lick for lick.  You see, he played by ear as they say.  He could literally listen to a song and hear the guitar and play along with the song, play it on his own.  It was mesmerizing to watch it unfold and the greatest gift he'd give me when I visit and he'd play it just for me.

District pub is a place on Lankershim in Noho, that my oldest son Brian took me to for dinner one night.  Although the music was low, I could tell I liked the song playing.  The waitress, who now that I think about it might have been trying to score points with my most handsome son, lol, opened up the District Pub's Spotify playlist, so I could follow it on my Spotify.  So today while working from home and needing some background noise, I checked to see what they were playing and came across a song by Gary Clark Jr.  Which coincidentally, his latest cd was one of the last cds I sent my brother before he died.  From his song on the playlist I sampled a cd from 2012 and immediately the song "When My Train Comes In", resonated with me.  Over and over as I listened, my mind kept saying, Dwright would have loved this, Dwright would have loved this...and like my brother who is always with me in music, won't you join us with your headphones on lying on your bed, for it's
Oh So Worth A Listen, "When My Train Pulls In" by Gary Clark Jr.







No comments

Powered by Blogger.