How Y'all Doing? Misadventures and Mischief from a Life Well Lived by Leslie Jordan

Sunday, August 22, 2021






Life is so filled with so many roads we can take and we only have our gut instincts, which we tend to ignore, our upbringing and who we are surrounded by on our journey, to get us to who we are meant to be.  Some of us will never get there, yes it's sad but it's true, and some of us will get there and be humble enough to own and acknowledge who got us there, our mistakes, our ignorance, our detours, and humbly celebrate our triumphs; but most of all say that it's okay to not know it all, to figure it out along the way and that there is no set timeline for you to find out and become who you are meant to be. This is How Y'all Doing? Misadventures and Mischief from a Life Well Lived by Leslie Jordan.

"There is no shame is saying, I do not have this in me" ~ Upon realizing a role meant for him, was not actually in him to bring to life.

 "But by the time I was in my early thirties, I was feeling the toll of constant traveling.  I had been on the road then for eight or nine years." ~ While working as a race horse exercise rider because sometimes life detours.

One of the most important things I took from this book is, I believe we all need to feel and understand in a society that isn't always so accepting of who we are, that it's okay to be "who we are". This is what makes him Leslie Jordan. 

"Being queer is such an integral part of who I am and why I am who I am. I can't imagine myself any other way.  And I don't want to be any other way."    Leslie Jordan

So you have to forge your own way, learn who you are and never stop moving forward, no matter what road or path you may be on, because it will all lead to who you are as a person and what you are meant to do in life.  

Oh So Worth a Read, How Y'all Doing by Leslie Jordan.   


Target (My go to, Target usually discounts up to 30% on new releases, and no I'm not paid to say this. LOL)

 

1 comment

Powered by Blogger.