Perfection - Tidal by Fiona Apple

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

 


I can't even remember how I came to hear her, to have the gift of this most beautifully crafted collection of music.  I didn't even know she won a Grammy for the cd, let alone the songs were composed when she was only 17 and she was only 18 when Tidal was released.  I just know that to this day, I LOVE THIS CD from beginning to end.
I grew up with all kinds of music in my home, I mean all kinds. Peter and the Wolf, I still have the original Temptations albums, Superfly, Alice Cooper and my brother's favorite band and yes he saw them live, Led Zepplin to Grover Washington, Carlos Santana and Parliament Funkadelic.  So my love of music is no surprise to those who truly know me, but it's more than a love for music when you can't find the words to describe how a song, let alone a cd, pulls at you with every stroke of the piano keys, the melodies and the lyrics crash into you and take you back out to sea like a wave from the shore. Yes, I lose myself and truly let go when I listen to this cd.  

25 years old this year and moving me as much as it did in 1996, join me, listen with me, get lost with me...Oh So Worth a Listen, Tidal by Fiona Apple. 





No comments

Powered by Blogger.