J. Cole ~ The Off-Season

Sunday, May 23, 2021

My girls from the QuestLove sets from the pandemic, know that I'm always looking out for content for Oh So Worth a Listen.  So our thread was blowing up about J. Cole's new release, The Off-Season and how I had to listen and it should be on my blog.  I admit, I couldn't tell you one song this man has ever made, but I am aware of who he is and because my girls hit me up, I decided to give it a listen. 

So, out of the gate, I'm like okay, rap, so gotta listen to the lyrics with intent.  There is a lot of music today that is just repeat beats by repeat producers.  So in other words, it's not always about talent and originality as is is marketability.  Yes, you are going to find I have songs on here that do not require a dictionary or thesaurus, but that's not the point, it's the fact that rap as a genre is one of the most in dept reflections of societies ills, losses, struggles and climbs you will ever hear.  It leaves no stone unturned and it spares no one.

With that being said, I found The Off-Season to very much be Oh So Worth a Listen.  I actually added 6 of the tracks to my Spotify Oh So Worth a Listen playlist.  

My six, with my.life with 21 Savage & Morray on repeat, are pride.is.the.devil, hunger.o.hillside, the.climb.back, let.go.my.hand and close. (yes I know they are not capitalized, he didn't capitalize them LOL).

my.life Official Audio

Oh So Worth A Listen, The Off-Season by J. Cole, streaming on Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Music,

 Tidal and more, here.





No comments

Powered by Blogger.