6 Things We Learned About Niecy Nash & Jessica Betts' Sweet Love Story On ‘Red Table Talk - Essence Magazine

Saturday, April 3, 2021

 

"A lot of people say that, like, 'Oh, you came out!' and I say, 'Well, from out of where?' You know what I mean?  I wasn't anywhere to come out of. I wasn't living a sexually repressed life when I was married to men, I just loved them when I loved them.   
And now I love her."  
I once saw Niecy Nash speak one evening, for One Church LA, 9 years ago. I actually found the video researching for this post and watched the entire video and sat here at my desk having the same joyous experience all over again.

I knew who she was, I was familiar with her work, but after her personal testimony of her struggles, her climb, her pride and just the hilarious way she conveyed her failures and her triumphs; I became a fan of her as a person, as a woman, as a black woman and most of all as a woman who knew of her blessings and gave thanks for her blessings and leaned on her beliefs and faith as a Christian. She was just one person sharing what we all go through at some time in our lives and what has brought her through those times and staying the course of our dreams. 

Everyone was surprised and caught off guard when Niecy announced her marriage to Jessica Betts, yes, to a woman.   I had no idea they even knew each other and there was no reason for me to, it's none of my business who knows who and has no barring on my life.  So when the story "broke the internet" lol as Niecy put it in her interview, I checked out her wedding pictures and was just so happy for her, they are just so in love.  
                                        Click  pic to view this happiness on her IG

Click pic to view this happiness on her IG

                                        Click pic to view this happiness on her IG

Well, the internet may not have been broken but there were lots and lots of questions and we got lots and lots of answers on their March 31st sit down on Red Table Talks; the Facebook show hosted by Jada Pinkett-Smith, her mom Adrienne Bandfield-Norris and Jada's daughter daughter Willow Smith. Breaking down the conversation in 6 questions no less is Charli Penn and her story for Essence magazine, 6 Things We Learned About Niecy Nash & Jessicaa Betts' Sweet Love Story

Find out what it looks like to just love, to "feel fully seen" and to "find a beautiful soul". 
Oh So Worth A Read, the story of Niecy Nash and Jessica Betts love.




No comments

Powered by Blogger.