Weight of Love ~ The Black Keys Austin City Limits

Monday, March 22, 2021

 

Some times you come across a gem and it weaves in and out of your life at the most random times.  That's the relationship I have with The Black Keys; they come into my life at the most random times.
Like the first time we met...
It was the Kia Superbowl commercial called Toys Doing Human Things, with a Vegas backdrop to the song How Ya Like Me Now by The Heavy. You remember the video, EVERYONE loved this video; to this day EVERYONE loves this video. Heck I watched it three times before I posted. LOL


Okay back to me and The Black Keys. Checking out The Heavy, artist you may like or recommended for you, always has a sampling of songs by artist based on your listening history. And just like that The Black Keys were that precious little gem in the midst of unknowns.  I downloaded a many of their songs, I was a fan, I was drinking the Kool aid as they say. 

Once on an excursion to Cal State Long Beach with my daughter's high school dance team, The Lengths was the melodic syncopation for their routine. Of all the artist of all the songs and I knew exactly who they were when the song came on and the instructor began to teach the routine, I was entranced.  

Today playing in my Starbucks taking me away from the hum drum of a typical Monday morning to thoughts of my brother, who you all know lives musically in my soul, he loved The Black Keys.

We got history The Black Keys and I...run ends, lost in thought, family ties and a future I know will be filled with many more moments. 

Take a chance, try them on for size, Oh So Worth A View,
The Black Keys performing Weight of Love, live on Austin City Limits.  

No comments

Powered by Blogger.