Robin & Andréa McBride On Discovering Sisterhood & Creating 'Black Girl Magic

Saturday, April 17, 2021

I'll be honest, I'm not a wine drinker so I can't tell you much about them, can't match a good bottle to a meal or dessert but I know a great story and if wine is cultivating an even deeper bond of love and business between two sisters, well cheers. 
As the youngest of six kids and only two of us in the same town let alone the same household growing up, I didn't really always know my siblings.  I think that is what makes this story of two sisters who didn't know the other existed, so relatable.  I remember meeting one of my brothers for the first time, I looked at my dad like you are not making any sense, what do you mean this is my brother.  Meanwhile my mother vacated the room like yeah about that.  LOL Yet, as I got older I knew I had siblings, knew their names and of course, that I was the baby of the bunch. 
My siblings and I, second on the right, after the memorial service for my brother Dwright, whom I grew up with.  Sad thing is, this is only the second photo of my siblings and I together and the first one was missing a brother and it was when my dad passed away.

As little as I knew my siblings, Robin and Andrea didn't know each other existed, growing up believing they were only children.  They shared a dad, who when he found out he was terminally ill, asked his family to find his daughters. Not only did they not know each other existed, they grew up in different countries but both grew up in wine country; Andrea growing up in New Zealand and Robin in Monterey CA.  It was the instant love and connection they felt when they first met at age 25 and 16 and as Andrea put it, "independent of each other, wanted to be wine makers", that has grown into the largest black women owned wine business in the United States, McBride Sisters Collection
Retailing all across the United States and sold at my go to for everything, Target, you may have also seen some of their Black Girl Magic wines at Cost Plus World Market, Drizly or maybe Wine.com. You've probably shared a bottle or two with your girlfriends or picked up a bottle for one of those days when it's just you and a bottle of wine and didn't know you were drinking history and enjoying a legacy of sisterhood. 
I told you I knew a great story and this is a "Great" story.  Told in their own words on
The Breakfast Club 105.1FM
Oh So Worth A View, the story of Robin and Andre'a of The McBride Sisters Wine Collection. 

                      




No comments

Powered by Blogger.