Il Fornaio' - Old Town Pasadena

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

 


When I worked in Old Town Pasadena at Gap Kids, I began to eat at the various restaurants on my break. Not enough time to sit down and have a meal but you know to make it count cause you have to survive 'til your shift is over. 
One place that always came thru with food to-die-for, was Il Fornaio'. They had this special little lunch counter off the main dinning room with its own entrance and indoor and outdoor dinning options, that was my go to for fresh pizza. The look on my co-workers faces when I came thru the door LOL.

Well, it's been a few years since I worked at Gap; as a matter of fact, it doesn't even exist anymore. Between rising rents at One Colorado, which is a premiere piece of real estate, both GapKids and Gap are gone. But in spite of the economy and this pandemic, Il Fornaio' is still going strong. How do I know, that's my custom pizza. Yes, custom!  My little lunch counter was not available but full dinning was and what better way to spend the afternoon with my daughter, than enjoying one of my favorite places to eat in Old Town.

I ordered my pizza and it was just as divine as I remember.  Every single thing about that pizza was perfect and the melting cheese and fresh tomatoes was EVERYTHING. My pizza was so good I honestly can't remember what my daughter ate.  Pasta? Pizza? Hhhmmm gotta remember to ask LOL 

But without my being a food critic and using food critic lingo, lol, you can tell I love their pizza and why I believe you should try it.  Oh So Worth A Taste, Il Fonaio' pizza. 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.