Summer Pack - Childish Gambino

Saturday, July 20, 2019


I remember when it debuted, but I can't remember why I didn't watch it.  Like totally clueless on this one cause I love my RiRi and Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino is a force to be reckoned with, hello, I featured Awaken, My Love on my blog. But again, I can't remember why I didn't watch the movie.
Well, one night not necessarily looking for content for my blog, but not passing any by either, I watched Guava Island and featured on the soundtrack are two songs which are on Summer Pack, but Childish Gambino. I'm not a music critic and I don't care of someone reads my post and sees it's written in the words of every day life.  So forgive me my lacking when I describe what I felt when I listened to these two songs.
First off, there are songs that take you back and make you long for a time or crave a time you hope to come.  This is what Summer Pack felt like to me.
I dated someone much older than me and from my vivid thoughts down to physical tension in my muscles, I can feel the summer time love making sessions in the back of his car, parked at Forest Park in the middle of the night.  The music playing, the rhythm of our bodies and just the joy of being out of school for the summer all came rushing back to me.
I'm tired, I'm so tired my tired is tired and all I want to do is sit on my ass.  My girlfriend and I said we just want to sit on chaise lounges on the beach and just feel the water lapping under our seats while we lose count of the number of drinks that are brought out to us.  That urge to just throw my hands up and not give a shit, to just sit on that beach, is calling me every time Summer Time Magic plays.  I need that slow methodic flow to my day, that peaceful feeling of a care free day, a moment, a time when nothing matters but doing nothing.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.