Mother's Day!

Sunday, May 12, 2019


The definition is simple and sweet, a woman in relation to her child or children or to bring up with care and affection or to give birth to.  But as simple and as sweet as the definitions may be, the meaning isn't simple and sometimes is so bittersweet.

I am a mother and because I have existed on this earth for 54 years and 5 months, I was born so I had a mother.   I have been a great mother and I have failed miserably.  I received love from my mother and there were times I have wondered if I my mother loved me or my brother.

I won't take this time to celebrate, to praise, to vent, to complain, to cry, to try make sense of or to even explain from any place in my life my experiences with my mother or as a mother.  I will only take this time to say that in each of us as women, there is the ability to nurture, to be kind, to give to those in need from a place from the heart, to be a mother. It is a choice to walk in those shoes biologically or in just proximity to doing the right thing. So if this is your choice, own it and walk in the blessing of it and leave no doubt of your love, your caring, your reasons for being so.  We are not mother's by right, we are mother's by blessings.

Happy Mother's Day to you all and may you have an amazing day and many more to come!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.