Act Your Age - The Art of the Adult Onesie!

Sunday, April 16, 2017


You've seen them, you've thought about them and you may have even tried one in your life time...The Jumpsuit!  This is my go to when I'm running late to work, dinner with friends or just over trying to decide what to wear.  And at my age, I've found this to be one of the best pieces to have in your wardrobe cause there is something youthful, fun and stylish and most of all timeless, about a great jumpsuit. 


The key to a good jumpsuit is proportion and knowing your jumpsuit body type. Yes there is such a thing as jumpsuit body type. No one wants to look like they don't exist or show "everything" that exist when they wear a jumpsuit. Case in point, I have a "boys" figure by fashion industry standards, no waist, no hips, small chest with a muscular build. OK, so it I used to be muscular but that's besides the point. I have to find clothes that give me a waist, that accentuate my arms and shoulders, etc. My jumpsuit from Target gives me just that!  This jumpsuit is very loose but comes together at the waist, giving the illusion that I have a small waist.  I also love this jumpsuit's sleeveless cut and mesh inserts across the collar/chest area.  The sleeveless cut accents my shoulders and arms while the mesh draw the eyes to the design vs. the chest area or lack of, so to speak.  As for that back side, I have grabbed some compliments in my day for my ass.  Buuuuuut, let's keep it real here, no one wants a great ass in an outfit just to turn around and have someone say, "Damn, she turned around and was old as hell".  We want to look great as a whole, which is how I feel when I wear this jumpsuit.  

Today's jumpsuit options are endless, ranging from casual to a night out with your guy or the girls.  The materials, patterns and prints are great no matter what your style, your age or what your personal preference may be.   















No comments

Powered by Blogger.